Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Chipotle Chicken Sliders

I know I am occasionally prone to exaggeration, but trust me when I say that tonight's dinner may have been my favorite meal I have ever made...ever. I borrowed the recipe for these sliders from a fellow food blogger - simply scratch - and I do not regret it for a moment. If you have any affinity for chipotle flavor, these are a MUST MAKE; as in go to the store now and buy the ingredients and make them now.

They took me maybe 10 minutes to put together so there is no fancy effort required. I used 1/4 cup minced cilantro, 1 lb ground chicken, 2 minced chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, 1 tsp of the adobo sauce from the can, 1 tsp salt, 3/4 tsp onion powder, 3/4 tsp garlic powder, and a sprinkle of pepper. I often modify recipes, but this one needed no help! Combine all ingredients in a bowl and use fingers to mix together. (Who doesn't love that slightly disgusting and wonderful feeling!) I was able to form about 8 slider size burgers out of the meat. Then I just tossed them on the grill for 5 minutes on each side, and added some cheddar cheese when I flipped them. They were incredibly juicy and amazing! I added avocado to the top of mine, and Alex used ketchup. Just pick your favorite burger toppings, pile them on, and enjoy every last bite.


If you want to try out the shoestring fries, feel free to give them a whirl as well. I assumed they'd be a pain but they were remarkably simple once I stopped fighting with my mandolin. That is the best trick I can offer. Use a mandolin to slice 2 potatoes very thin. Then slice those slices into skinny fries. Toss them with 3 tbsp olive oil and lay them out on 2 well-oiled baking pans. Bake at 425 degrees for 18-20 minutes turning and shifting the fries a few times while cooking. Once they are done, lay them out on wax paper to cool and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Piece of cake! Or potato...Or whatever....

No comments:

Post a Comment