Saturday, August 10, 2013

Crepes: Savory and Sweet

Gabriel and I took a trip to the Great Falls Farmer's Market today to pick up some delicious veggies for our juicing. In addition to some great produce stands, they had honey, eggs, meat, cookies, cakes, and a bluegrass band! Oh and a crepe stand. While we did not stay to enjoy the crepes there, I could not wipe them from my mind so I decided we needed crepes for lunch/dessert. I couldn't decide which I wanted more so I decided to make one of each. I have used this crepe recipe for years and often don't bother with fillings - they taste amazing just rolled up. But today I wanted to stuff them as well. The first one, I put ham and cheese in, rolled up, and put back on the hot skillet for a few minutes to melt the inside. It was a perfect, not too heavy, lunch.


The second one, I filled with melted chocolate chips and strawberries. A perfect ending to my craving for crepes!

Crepes:
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 cup Milk
  • 1 cup Flour
  • ¼ tsp Salt
  • 2 tbsp Butter
  • 2 tbsp Honey (optional)

1. Beat eggs, then add other ingredients and mix well. (Use honey for a sweeter crepe) Cover and let it stand for 30 minutes.
2. Heat a skillet to medium and lightly coat with non-stick spray. Using 1/3 c measure, pour batter into pan and twist pan around to spread batter evenly around the bottom. Allow it to cook until the edges begin to pull back. (about 30 seconds.) Continue with all of the batter.
3. Fill with your favorite ingredients!

No comments:

Post a Comment