Wednesday, August 7, 2013

How Does My Garden Grow?

My garden is bursting at the seams! This year, I dedicated my garden to everything I need for juicing. (More on that in another post.) But of course, I continue to be amazed by how well tomatoes grow in the beautiful state so I put in just 2 plants this year. And they are out of control! I brought in 18 tomatoes today and will have even more tomorrow so I am hunting for a tomato sauce recipe currently. The rest of everything you see went into today's juice, and a tray of kale chips which I split with Gabriel. I definitely have a minor kale chip addiction. Every time I make them, I see them on the pan and think, there is no way that these will taste good. All it takes is one bite melting in my mouth to remind me that they are so much better than any store bought chip of any kind ever could be.
Pictured here are collard greens, kale, carrots, and a small selection of today's tomatoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment